PowerV Vocabulary Service
The Lexile PowerV® vocabulary service uses a book or piece of text to develop a vocabulary list that contains challenging words a student should know when reading a book. Education companies use this technology to build differentiated instructional capabilities into their reading programs and materials.
How Does It Work?
Lexile PowerV analyses the entire text to generate a PowerV vocabulary list. It chooses words that are:
- Challenging. Harder words are identified as being above the Lexile® measure of the surrounding text.
- Relevant. Words are chosen that appear more frequently in this text compared to texts in general.
- Consequential. Words are identified as academic and important for success in learning.
Two PowerV licensing options are available:
- A convenient API. Vocabulary lists can be generated for your text or from over 125,000 titles that are accessible when used with the Lexile Titles Database®.
- An add-on service for Lexile text measurement. By using this add-on, a Lexile PowerV vocabulary list (up to 20 words) will be returned with your certified Lexile text measure.
Want to learn more?
Fill out this form to find out more about how MetaMetrics’ services can add value to your products.