PowerV Vocabulary Service
The Lexile PowerV® vocabulary service uses a book or piece of text to develop a vocabulary list that contains challenging words a student should know when reading a book. Education companies use this technology to build differentiated instructional capabilities into their reading programs and materials.
How Does It Work?
Lexile PowerV analyses the entire text to generate a PowerV vocabulary list. It chooses words that are:
- Challenging. Harder words are identified as being above the Lexile® measure of the surrounding text.
- Relevant. Words are chosen that appear more frequently in this text compared to texts in general.
- Consequential. Words are identified as academic and important for success in learning.
Two PowerV licensing options are available:
- A convenient API. Vocabulary lists can be generated for your text or from over 125,000 titles that are accessible when used with the Lexile Titles Database®.
- An add-on service for Lexile text measurement. By using this add-on, a Lexile PowerV vocabulary list (up to 20 words) will be returned with your certified Lexile text measure.