The Lexile Framework & Your Product
When you add Lexile® measures to your product’s reading content, you are including more than just a number. You are adding insights and scientific validity that help educators easily find differentiated materials to power personalised learning.
Why Improve Your Product With the Lexile® Scale?
More than 200 learning companies, assessment companies and publishers power their products with the Lexile Framework because Lexile measures provide learning companies with a way to:
- Personalise learning for learners of different levels. Lexile linked assessments provide actionable information to educators, parents and learners. When learner performance and text complexity are measured on the same scale, monitoring growth and connecting to the right reading materials is simple and meaningful.
- Make evidence based decisions. Important choices require accurate information. Lexile measures provide the reassurance that learning companies need for everything from organising text by difficulty to supporting customers at home and in the classroom.
- Verify current levelling schemes. The Lexile measure is an objective, scientific metric that provides independent measurement of levelling systems.
- Develop content at desired reading levels. Lexile measures can be used in content development to ensure materials are being written at the reading level for the intended audience.
- Better understand early-reading text. When developing content for early learners, learning companies can rely on the four reported text characteristics that influence comprehension the most.
- Connect customers to appropriately challenging materials. Learning companies provide Lexile measures for their reading content to help their customers find “just right” reading materials.
Want to learn more?
Fill out our form to find out more about how MetaMetrics’ services can add value to your products.