The Lexile Framework & Your Assessment
Your customers depend on a reading assessment that is accurate and informative. With Lexile® measures as an integral component of your assessment, educators and learners will be assured they are receiving actionable metrics to help them reach their English language learning goals.
Targeted reading practice is key to reading growth for English language learners. When your assessment integrates Lexile measures, you connect your test takers with a world of resources at their reading level. What better way to gauge readiness than by comparing an English language learner’s reading level to real world reading demand, rather than just a score that is separated from real world context. With Lexile measures, you can do that and more.
Why Link Your Assessment With the Lexile® Scale?
By reporting learner reading performance as a Lexile measure, you:
- Benchmark to real world reading materials, including primary/secondary textbooks, university and career materials.
- Provide a universal, scientific and objective scale to match learners to reading materials based on assessment scores.
- Make your assessment results actionable by providing a metric that can be used by learners to find reading materials at their reading level. Over 100 million articles, books and websites have Lexile text measures.
- Take predictive analytics to the next level by forecasting future performance of a test taker.
- Monitor reading growth longitudinally and across assessment systems.
Want to learn more?
Fill out this form to find out more about how MetaMetrics’ services can add value to your products.