Legal Notices for toefljunior.lexile.com
Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Copyright and Trademark
MetaMetrics®, the MetaMetrics® logo, Lexile®, the Lexile® logo and Engaging English™ are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc. (“MetaMetrics”), and are registered in the United States and abroad.
The ETS logo and TOEFL are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (“ETS”) in the United States and other countries. TOEFL JUNIOR is a trademark of ETS.
Terms and Conditions
The website located at www.toefljunior.lexile.com (“the website”) is maintained by MetaMetrics, Inc. Access and use of the website is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, as well as all laws applicable to your use of the website. You are responsible for ensuring that you may legally access and use the website under the relevant laws of the country where you are. MetaMetrics hereby disclaims any liability that may arise from your use of the website that is in violation of such local laws.
MetaMetrics may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website, including the availability of any features on the website, at any time. MetaMetrics may also impose limits on certain features and capabilities or restrict your access to parts of, or the entire, website without notice or liability.
- The website www.toefljunior.lexile.com is for non-commercial use only, and any other use is expressly prohibited. The purpose of the website is to provide information and educational services to individual users. All materials on the website are provided solely for personal/institutional, non-commercial use, and any other use is prohibited.
- The website www.toefljunior.lexile.com is protected by applicable law. The contents of the website, including, but not limited to, text, names, data, compilations, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, code, methods, techniques, models, and software (the “Contents”), are the property of MetaMetrics or its licensors/providers and are protected by the patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret laws of the United States and/or other countries. You may not copy, store (either in hardcopy or in electronic format), transmit, transfer, perform, broadcast, publish, reproduce, create a derivative work from, display, distribute, sell, offer for sale, license, rent, lease, frame, deep link to, or otherwise use the Contents in any manner inconsistent with the rights of MetaMetrics, including, but not limited to, use of the Contents for any commercial purpose, without the express written permission of MetaMetrics.
- The website shall be available to be used twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week (except for normally scheduled maintenance to be performed periodically between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am EST/EDT).
- Actions or inactions caused by third party service providers, such as providers of other communications services used to host or access the website, may cause disruption to or impair MetaMetrics’ connection to certain communications networks which may result in the unavailability of the website. Although MetaMetrics will use commercially reasonable efforts to take any action it deems appropriate to remedy and avoid such circumstances, MetaMetrics cannot control the disruptions in communications services or other services provided by third parties which are necessary to maintain access to the website, and therefore MetaMetrics cannot guarantee that such disruptions will not occur. Accordingly, MetaMetrics shall not be responsible for and will have no liability resulting from or relating to any such disruptions.
- THE CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. METAMETRICS, ITS LICENSORS/PROVIDERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENTS. METAMETRICS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. METAMETRICS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ETS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT.
- The website includes many external links to other websites that may be of possible interest to you.
- Comments and Communications. You will have the opportunity to post suggestions, ideas, comments, testimonials, questions or other information via the contact us link. It is the responsibility of the individual providing such user content to ensure that no portion of the user content is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, and invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights or otherwise injurious to third parties. Anyone submitting user such content agrees to indemnify and hold MetaMetrics harmless from all actual and incidental costs and fees associated with MetaMetrics’ defense of any claims arising from such user content, including, but not limited to, all attorneys’ fees.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to any conflict of laws principles. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in North Carolina for the resolution of any disputes arising from these Terms of Service.
MetaMetrics, Inc. (“MetaMetrics”, “we”, or “us”) are providing this Privacy Notice to inform you of our practices regarding personally identifiable information that may be collected in the course of our providing services to you. MetaMetrics respects the privacy of our valued subscribers. This Privacy Notice outlines the specific personally identifiable information that is gathered by MetaMetrics when you create an account and how that personally identifiable information is used.
MetaMetrics works to ensure a high degree of protection for subscribers. We will continue to work to ensure that the website located at www.toefljunior.lexile.com (“the website”) complies with industry standards for online privacy, security, business practices, transaction integrity and availability. If you have any specific questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us.
Collection and Use of Information by MetaMetrics
MetaMetrics requests certain information from you when we need such information (“personally identifiable information”) to improve the user experience. Such personally identifiable information is used to create a profile that allows you to store information, and may be used to contact you in the course of using the website. We may also collect certain demographic information that may be used to tailor features of our services or for any requested email communications, and to display information that is more relevant to you.
Your email address is used only to send you information relevant to your use of the website, or to occasionally request your participation in voluntary surveys aimed at improving our website. MetaMetrics complies with the provisions of the Federal CAN-SPAM Act. MetaMetrics will not sell, rent, loan, or otherwise provide access to any third party to your personally identifiable information without your permission. This restriction applies to our business partners as well.
While IP addresses (address of a computer) are logged to track your use of the www.toefljunior.lexile.com website, no personally identifiable information is used for such purposes. Tracking IP addresses gives MetaMetrics information about which parts of the www.toefljunior.lexile.com website are used most often and what information is subsequently viewed. IP addresses are not linked to anything that can personally identify you. Thus, session details are tracked, but your identity remains anonymous.
Information Use by Third Parties
It is MetaMetrics’ policy to not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your express permission except in instances where such disclosure is necessary to provide services that you have requested. We generally do not release personally identifiable information except under the following circumstances: (i) if MetaMetrics is compelled to do so under law by an appropriately empowered governmental authority, and (ii) if MetaMetrics makes our services available to you through one of our business partners, however, MetaMetrics will only share that portion of personally identifiable information that is necessary.
Contact Lists, Campaign Content and Campaign Reports
MetaMetrics takes commercially reasonable measures to ensure that our contact lists, email content, and internal reports remain private and confidential. Any use of the www.toefljunior.lexile.com website by you must be in compliance with our Terms of Service in order to protect against inappropriate use (illegal, abusive, obscene, and threatening, etc.) of our websites and services.
Links to Other Sites
The website will contain links to other third-party websites. MetaMetrics does not control the privacy policies, practices or content of these other third-party websites. You should review the privacy policies of such third-party websites before providing any personal information. MetaMetrics is not responsible for the content or practices of any third-party websites to which we provide links.
When you visit and interact with the www.toefljunior.lexile.com website, MetaMetrics and (third parties with whom MetaMetrics has contracted to provide certain services) may collect non-personal information (for example, a catalog of the website pages you visit, or your IP address).
We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit the www.toefljunior.lexile.com website. Using pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., your IP address, the areas of the site you visit, your operating system, your browser version and the URL you came from) which can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
If you register for an account with us, you will be asked to select a password to help protect your information. These passwords help us verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any of your personal information. You should never disclose your password to anyone. MetaMetrics will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information.
Changes to this Statement
The Bottom Line