The Lexile® Framework for Listening
MetaMetrics® developed the Lexile Framework for Listening as a tool to offer a more complete picture of students’ literacy skills than reading comprehension scores alone can provide. For years, the Lexile Framework® for Reading has been used to measure student growth and predict future success. Similar to the reading framework, the listening framework measures both listening ability and complexity of audio materials on the same Lexile developmental scale.
How Do Lexile Listening Measures Help Education Companies?
Reporting Lexile listening measures for students gives education products a competitive edge. With products and services powered by the Lexile Framework for Listening, education customers can:
- Personalize learning by connecting students to audio content at their ability level.
- Evaluate if their students can comprehend what they are hearing in class.
- Measure student growth using a scientifically valid, objective approach.
- Prepare students for English proficiency tests that include listening.
“Employers say it is important to have proficiency in all four language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).”
– Cambridge English and QS study
Want to Learn More?
Download our flyer on the Lexile Framework for Listening.